Monday 13 April 2009

Growing Hurts

Erbie has got a second tooth coming through at the bottom front, he was up from 3am to 5am last night. His cheeks are bright red and he is chewing on everything again. His head has got bigger too, or I washed his jumper on a hot wash, things aren't slipping over it as easily as they were before. As I was staring at his beautiful face this morning I welled up with tears, it's not fair he should have a milk allergy, probably brought on by the HIB vaccination / breastfeeding antibodies combo. Why didn't I find out more information before. I'm not allowed to be cross about it, GR gave me a good talking to, 'unless you decide to take on the NHS, there's no point getting upset.' And Kendal completely missed the point and said 'your life from now on will be spent worrying about him, and feeling guilty that you haven't done the right thing.' or maybe she did get the point. He's just such an adorable, good boy, he doesn't know of the wicked world out there. I must protect him. I guess this is motherhood then. I gave him a slice of dryed mango today to chew on, and he swallowed it whole, the gag reflex didn't work and he wouldn't let me get my finger in, so am typing in silence in the dark, so I can hear if he chokes in his sleep, oh dear!

No comments:

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle