Friday 17 April 2009

Family things

Every family has their own little game they play with babies, I’m finding out.

When I saw my best friend and her mum a few weekends ago, they did one where you stick your tongue out at the baby until you get his interest and then pop, where’s it gone, this worked well for them as they are both very petit and have tiny pointy little quivery tongues, my gurt great fleshy thing just sits there looking, well like a tongue.

Of course there’s the standard ones, raspberry blowing on the stomach, men seem to like this one, as do I.

Round and round the garden like a teddy bear, is recognisable to Erbie now, but kind of peters out before the tiggly under here, as he’s not tigglish yet.

This little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed at home, gets his attention, but again at the wee wee wee all the way home stage, it’s an anti-climax. We tried it naming concentration camps, but this little piggy went to Belsen didn’t rhyme with much. I’m not anti-semetic, it’s just the most preposterously unfunny thing we could think to make light of. I mean ring a ring o’ roses is about the bubonic plague right.

My dad used to do grandfather clock tick tocks, holding me upside down by my ankles and swaying me from side to side, also a plane, round and round in a circle holding onto one wrist and one ankle, which made me squeal with joy, I’m sure that’s why I love the Waltsers.

I like to chant: The wonderful thing about Tiggers, is Tiggers are wonderful things, to Erbie building up to a crescendo of they bounce and bounce and bounce whilst bouncing. He likes this a lot.

There’s also holding up in the air, in which we sing a little song and he ends up above my head. Frog man flying in the sky, I can see you fly like a frogman in the sky. That’s one of the GR’s songs. If the GR isn’t around I sometimes whoosh him up in the air and let go everso slightly, he loves this but GR does not and would have an eppie fit if he saw.

No comments:

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle