Sunday 12 April 2009

Doidy cups and Bickiepegs














I'm very happy with my new purchases, a Doidy cup, (pictured) made by Bickiepegs. Erbie can't hold it yet, but will bend down to slurp. The Cath Kidston beaker looked lovely, and worked for a while but Erbie's new sharp tooth left rather a lot of scratch marks, and he now screws up his face to any proffering. Bickiepegs are for teething and have been around since 1925. They are long rectangular hard biscuits with a hole in and a safety tie supplied. You simply thread the tie through the biscuit and attach where you desire. I often use pretty ribbon and simply hang one round Erbie's neck if we go out, obviously I wouldn't leave him alone in a room with one tied round his neck, but then, I wouldn't leave him alone in a room either. You really haven't seen the size of our flat, it's not possible.
I also got a long awaited waterproof bib with arms, rather fetching in red with turquoise stars and arms. It only comes in baby size though. Available at John Lewis.

No comments:

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle