Sunday 26 April 2009

Sausage and Bolony

When I was about 7 or 8 my best friend and I had a favourite game of reading out a page from a book and substituting each word that began with ‘s’ with sausage and each word that began with ‘b’ bolony. It made us laugh hysterically, ah the ease at which small minds are pleased. We still quote a line from Cinderella to this day: “Hang onto your sausage Cinders.” Which alluded to ‘seat’ and was the mouse exclaiming to Cinderella as he drove the carriage away from the ball before it turned into a pumpkin.

No comments:

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle