Tuesday 22 September 2009

Bittersweet

September is always a bittersweet month. It holds far too many anniversaries of one sort or another. It starts off well with a cluster of birthdays, ours and friends. I always end up having a clothes emergency mid-month with the change over of seasons. Then it would tail off with the anniversary of my fathers death, when all my siblings would call home to speak to mum. (I’m ten years behind everyone else, so was at home a lot longer). Now it tails off even more with the anniversary of our mother’s death. So like her to be as considerate in death as she had in living and not give us two times of year to get sad.

1 comment:

loveaudrey said...

November is like this for me. My father passed away on the 20th. His birthday is the 23rd, his and my step-mother's wedding anniversary is the 25th and then my step-mums birthday is the 27th. We get all the crying done in one week. xxx

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle