Monday 16 February 2009

Valentines Day


We had egg on toast for breakfast.
The Guardian reader cooked moules marinère for supper, and bought me a lovely bunch of lilies.
I sent him a card, and wrote the envelope with my right hand, (I'm left handed). Unfortunately it looked like someone elses handwriting and he thought it might be the end of an ongoing dispute, that has been worrying him for months. I felt sick having to let him down. The card was a black and white image of very old hands clasped together, I wrote: 'Grow old with me', inside.
'Older' he said!

No comments:

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle