Friday 27 February 2009

Hampstead Heath

The Guardian reader and I walked to Muswell Hill from Hampstead, across the Heath, to visit the ‘belle mere’, newly moved back to London. Erbie sat happily in the new baby Little Life ultralight baby back pack on daddy’s back, but the Heath coincided with his 12.30 nap so he missed most of it. I always get the Guardian reader to point out the place where a scene from American Werewolf in London was filmed. It was Erbie’s second visit to Hampstead, Joojoo and I walked across late last year and stopped for lunch at Carluccio’s which was full of mothers and babies, a horror to me back then. Alistair Campbell cycled up all in lycra and sat outside.

No comments:

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle