Monday 9 February 2009

Monday blues and rain rain rain

Erbie, was up at 6.30am, Guardian reader took him through to the living room and allowed me a snooze. He was up a lot in the night, I had to rock him back to sleep twice, and the otehr time feeds. He went back to bed for a 45 minute nap at 9am

Thouroughly miserable day today, cold and wet. I dashed out to the Newman Street post office, stupidly at lunchtime, there was a queue out of the door, and posted off the baby shoes I sold on ebay and picked up a passport form for Erbie.

I dropped my business card into the print shop and said if they needed anyone for odd design jobs I was their girl. Andy rang and offered me 2 days cover in March. Keep the positivity going! Erbie had a midday nap for 45minutes. His cheeks are flushed again with teething.

The positive thinking must be doing something, the Guardian reader has just got 2 evenings work. He went off at 5pm. I fed Erbie and fell asleep, woken by a text from the mother-in-law, she will be in town tomorrow.

I make a mushroom rissotto using up the last of the Noilly Pratt, and wait until 10pm for the worker to join me, he's still hungry, and mumbles about there not being any meat, the cupboards are bare, it's still cold and raining, so we decide on an early night.

Erbie wakes at 11pm, and feeds for 20 minutes, he's not sleeping for longer than 3 hours at any one stretch. I think I'll give him some baby rice tomorrow afternoon. I stopped after the doctor frowned at me last week, but he liked it. I gave him a bit of pear this morning, just bit off a piece and handed it to him, he held onto it and sucked, he seemed to like it, pulled some funny faces though.

He spent about half an hour on the baby gym this morning, on his back and rolling over. He gets frustrated when he rolls onto his tummy and can't move any further. He's grabbing at everything, the remote, the newspaper, both of which he trys to eat, and when they are removed, he lets out a quick whinge, but soon stops when they are put out of sight and he is offered something else.

So much for the early night, nice cup of tea and a DeNiro movie. It's midnight already.

No comments:

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle