Sunday 22 February 2009

To water or not to water

I saw Suki, my anti-natal allie on Friday and she has started he little girl on solids too. We both questioned whether we should now give our bundles of joy water aswell as breast milk. The general conscensus was yes, which was confirmed at the new mother’s dinner party. So I put some cooled boiled water in a bottle and handed it to Erbie at the table on Sunday. He just need a bit of help angling the bottle high enough, but took a good drink. I took it away afterwards as I don’t want him to fill himself up on water, but it was lovely to see him take his first taste. Suki’s little girl has got her first tooth already and she’s 3 weeks younger than Erbie.

No comments:

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle