Friday 8 January 2010

Eyes front.

The Houses of Parliament over the Thames from the London Eye, Jan 2009 : WEM

I was tagged by Victoria to come up with the 5 best things of 2009, but when I started to think back it wasn’t as pleasant as I’d hoped. I'm not saying I thought this would be easy but my poor brain keeps latching on to all the shit that happened in 2009. In fact thinking back I feel sick to my stomach, my breathing capacity is decreasing, in fact I feel dangerously close to having a panic attack. So this is why I never address anything or look backward or is it perhaps the shocking realisation that I am miserable. I roll along in my little bubble focusing on the positive, looking after Erbie, doing stuff and just one glance over my shoulder and I’m skidding down a sheet of black ice into the chasm of darkness and depression below, WOW not going to happen, sunshine, Erbie’s smile, fashion, bluebell woods, phew that’s better. It must be the time of year, lack of sunshine, lack of money, post Christmas blues.

Five best things of 2009
1. Losing my vegetarianity in the Summer to chicken roasted with garlic and lemon.
2. Joining the blogsphere and finding out just how friendly and nice everyone is.
3. Twitter: reading the wit of the twitterati.
4. Watching Erbie develop and grow.
5. Living in London.

2 comments:

Chic Mama said...

It's amazing how looking back can make one feel like that. I feel like that too. Love the picture, stunning. I never get bored coming in to Charing Cross looking at the scenery. Take care.

Marie said...

So glad you're in the blogosphere. I love Reading your witty honest posts. Hopefully 2010 will hold more for you to look back on and smile about! M x

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle