Sunday 10 May 2009

Weekend in Whitstable










An offer arose for a night in Whitstable, and a lift too, so Erbie and I went to meet new children and have a day by the seaside. Although the journey started with a bit of a mix-up, I arived at the door while my lift awaited me at Finsbury Park tube, we eventually co-ordinated fitting the car seat into the smaller less comfy Ka, the seatbelt in the Mercedes just wouldn’t go round, Lily the dog strapped in the front, we set off.
I was a little apprehensive as when we visit the piggy twins Erbie spends most of his time crying, as do they, well my fears were totally unfounded and a happy time was spent by all playing together in a new gorgeous garden, ladies weeding in straw hats and trying to sound knowledgeable about plant names, children hiding in Habitat tents and eating grass, no tears. More friends with children arrived and we had a BBQ, I neglected to mention I’d lost my vegetarianity before we got there, so some lovely sea bass was presented aswell as king prawns and sausages – yey.

No comments:

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle