Friday 8 May 2009

First baked beans and blueberries mmmmmm

Erbie ate blueberries for the first time yesterday, munched them up with his lips pursed in a most adorable way at breakfast, mummy likes them too, so they've all gone. I've also discovered he'll eat a satsuma if I peel half of it and give him the whole thing, he then sucks out one side, his chewing motion is really working.

I gave him baked beans for the first time today, no that's a lie, I've tried to give him baked beans before but he has point blank refused them up until today when I offered them one at a time, cold on a spoon, straight from the tin, mummy is a slut. I think he ate about 7.

Baked beans always remind me of the film Casablanca, which The GR and I have watched countless times. There is a line in it where Rick is talking to Ilsa and says something about his life not amounting to a hill of beans, and I piped up with 'mmmmm beans', in a Homer Simpson like manner making The GR pontificate on how one of the most romantic films in history had been reduced to a reference to baked beans.

No comments:

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle