Friday 8 May 2009

Nearly, nearly, nearly crawling

Eight months and two weeks old and the duvet on the floor no longer contains Erbies movements for longer than a minute. He's realised that the stackable plastic cups also roll rather well on the beautiful wooden flooring. They usually roll quite well underneath the many knobbled table legs and towards the eye pokingly sharp black slate fireplace, not to mention the beautiful angular chrome and wood skirting in the other direction. So basically I can't take my eyes off him for a minute, now I'm thankful for the open plan kitcshroom.

After watching him rolling his cups, I bought him 2 tiny metal cars today, completely inappropriate but one was silver with stripes over the bonnet and the other a lovely deep orange with the number 33 in beautiful type on its roof. needless to say The GR quite rightly confiscated them.

Another completely inappropriate thing I did was put a pillow in his cot, I know, I know, I've read all about the wrongness of it, but he looks so contented when he nustles down into it, and as he's still not sleeping for longer than 3 hour stretches. As to that, I'm thinking he might be hungry. All these vegetables and rice cakes are well and good but I think the little lamb could do with a nice juicy steak.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I put a pillow in my little girl's bed when she was around 1. They look so comfy, and we've never had any problems. Sounds like he's growing up!

http://fab.typepad.com/brunette

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle