Monday 12 October 2009

We are walking


Erbie has started walking. Well sort of running, he doesn’t seen to realise he needs to learn how to walk before he can run and pelts off, usually nose diving into a crawl. He walks from the bedroom to the living room and from the kitchen around the corner, balancing with his hand on the wall. He can get up and down from the bed and has started pushing opening the doors in a scary squashed fingery way. This morning when he got up at 6.15am, he got off the bed, waited for me to open the door then put the doorstop in himself, likewise with the door to the sitting room. (All our doors close unless you wedge them open).

3 comments:

loveaudrey said...

Aaaaaww! Congratulations... this is where it starts to get really interesting!! I know what you mean about squishy fingers... you should start taking bets on how many trips to A&E you'll make in the near future!! Baby J is getting ever closer to rolling over. I'm sure he'll finally crack it once he's lying on the changing table and my back is turned, just so I can get the full force of the health visitor's 'perhaps I should call child services' glare!!

xxx

Unknown said...

Congrats! I bet he looks so cute....ooh mind the fingers...ebeey jeebees!! xxxx

westendmum said...

A&E aside, I managed to give Erbie a fat lip today forcing him the wrong way up a slide, he slipped and fell on his chin. Bad, bad, bad mother!

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle