Tuesday 18 August 2009

The wheels are spinning

but I'm getting nowhere fast. I keep going round in circles in my head and doing nothing.

I had one task today - get a lampshade for the living room.

In my younger days I would have been full of ideas, now all I could come up with was Argos. I trudged over to the one behind Tottenham Court Road, what was I thinking, it was pants. I started to come up with an idea, visions of a very large white shade that I could stick black cutouts of bird silhouettes onto.



Where to get a large white lampshade? I went to Habitat, no large white ones, but some nice black ones.


Drum Silk £29 IMAGE Habitat


Grande £75

What was I thinking, I should have gone to John Lewis. I waited for Erbie to wake up from his afternoon nap and let in the pest control man.


John Lewis Gemma £34


John Lewis Mimosa £44

But I still wasn't sure and for that price did I really want to be getting my gluestick to them. The chandeliers started winking at me. Concentrate. It was getting closer to Erbie's bedtime, panic set in and I caved and bought one of those paper chinese shades for a paultry £3! It's an egg shaped one, it'll be a stop gap I told myself, until I can decide on which one to get. I'm thinking of something in apple green now.

1 comment:

Liberty London Girl said...

lil'sis buys herlamp shades on ebay. Laura Ashley ones in partic seem to be dead cheap on there. LLGxx

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle