Sunday 16 August 2009

Erbie has started fomulating words

Most of them are from Eric Carle books.

He started off with saying egg, egg, egg, egg, egg, and I realised the opening of The Very Hungry Caterpillar which has a weekly if not daily outing is:

In the light of the moon a little egg lay on a leaf.

Next we have ‘neigh neigh’.

Neigh neigh, big smile, neigh neigh, to which we respond ‘neigh neigh’.

This is from The Very Busy Spider.

Now whenever that book comes out he excitedly turns to the horse page and as I read: ‘Neigh neigh said the horse, want to go for a ride?’ Erbie is neigh neighing at my side.

He also says ‘Um then pauses as if about to pronounce his theory on relativity or how Calviucus will always come out at a higher ratio to Barnibus in the society of spectacle as we know it, but this has hither to continued no further than ‘Um’ long pause. I’ve since noticed that this is a rather unappealing habit of mine, just before I’m about to say something of no particular interest whatsoever, to make sure people are listening to me before I say nothing of any particular interest, of which they are usually not.

The Grandfather picked up on Erbie doing it, as did the GR and now everybody is ‘Umming’.

If someone brum brums he will go off brum brumming for ages with dribble.

If I clip clop by clucking my tongue he will copy.

He also does ‘whoo whoo’s’ initially singing along with us to ‘Sympathy for the Devil' by the Rollong stones, but now just before we get to the front door, and to say hello to daddy.

This is also at the end of the Very Busy SpiderWhoo whoo said the owl, who built this beautiful web, so maybe it’s rather more from that than the Rolling Stones but who who am I to rain on the GR’s fireworks.

No comments:

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle