Wednesday 4 March 2009

Still searching for 'Sur la Bouche'


The Guardian reader and I bought this adorable book by Antoni Louchard in FNAC in 2003, for my nephew and another friend. We spent days translating it into what we thought was a lovely english rhyming version, that we'd now like to give to Erbie.
Can we find a copy of this book? No.
I've searched FNAC, Guillaime Jeunesse, Amazon. I thought I'd suceeded when I found a copy on Canadian Amazon, but 2 months later they informed me they couldn't find it. In the foreign language bookshop today I was told it is temporarily out of print. Boo.

No comments:

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle