Wednesday 4 March 2009

Doctor's views on lactose intolerance

Erbie and I visited the doctor this morning to find out what formula I should try next. It turns out his son was lactose intolerant too, so he knew all about it. He perscribed a tin of Cow & Gate Pepti Junior, in which the lactose molecules have been chopped up and so are easier to digest. However when I described the rash that came and went instantaniously he mused that it could be an allergy in which case I would need to take him for a scratch test at the hospital.
'Perhaps you could take him to A&E and then try feeding him', he suggested.
'Isn't that a little extreme?' I replied.

No comments:

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle