Monday 9 March 2009

Still not sleeping through the night.

Erbie, woke at 10pm last night, then again at 1am, 3am and 5.30am and then we both only really dosed until getting up at 6.30am. I hadn't given him anything for his teeth in the evening, and he was pulling his ears and whimpering. I fed him all the times he woke up after trying rocking, he was hungry. He's on solids, he's ate 3 meals during the day aswell as breastfeeding, though only 2 proper ones, the rest were snacks. I've just googled and have read some other mother's stories. It seems quite common, and the fact he does sometimes sleep through till midnight, then 3am then 7am, I think is ok. I think I'll just let him progress naturally, i can't bare the thought of controlled crying, although I might try it at nap times. He doesn't seem able to settle himself, and thrashs around with bunny, kicking the cot sides, which sounds like he's rattling his cage! I allow him to do this for up to ten minutes, but then give in and feed him and he drops off almost instantly as long as he's not over tired.

No comments:

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle