Thursday 17 June 2010

Moving date booked...

I booked a removals company yesterday and am going to start packing up stuff on the 1st July. So we are really buying our flat and moving. In – gulp – 23 days.

I should come up with a list of things I’d really like to do in town before we go. Not that things won’t still be accessible, we’re only going to be a bus ride away, but it won’t be the same as getting up and walking there. I’m strongly considering the Zoo, although the last time I went, as a student, (admittedly several years ago) it made me cry – the tiger looked mad and was pacing back and forth in it’s tiny enclosure and the monkeys were sad and haunted. Plus it is ridiculously expensive, I’m not sounding like it’s a good idea am I!

It’s coming up to 7.30am, Erbie and I have already had a trip to the shop for waffles (this mornings demand for breakfast) and I need to shower and get us dressed before getting the bus up to visit Belle Mere in our flat to be.

I’m not sure what I’ll do when we actually have the deeds signed over, I’m not going to keep up these weekly visits, that is for sure, but then again I can’t cut her off from Erbie altogether, for his sake as much as hers. Once a month is enough for any grandmother surely? Unless of course The GR and the Belle Mere miraculously make up, stranger things happen at sea.

3 comments:

teawithonesugarplease said...

Once a month is fine - before you know it , it will be every two months and then whittle down to birthdays and Christmas (if you're lucky) x good luck with the move - it going to be stressful but think about the cath kidston fantasy home you can create xxx

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said...

Yay - great news. The countdown begins. Hope all the packing etc goes well. We don't visit the zoo too often these days either - the polar bears are the saddest most lonely and going stir crazy animals ever and its so upsetting. A once a month visit with the BM sounds fine, considering she's not really a hands on kind of granny is she?!

westendmum said...

@teawithonesugarplease
Sounds like a plan.

@Victoria
Have decided on the Royal Academy of Arts instead and perhaps one of those city farms.

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle