Friday 12 March 2010

First ‘mummy’

Did I mention here that Erbie said ‘Mummy’ for the first time recently. I acted nonchalant but my heart secretly soared. Now he says ‘Mummy & Daddy’ together just like that, in a very sweet fashion. When he goes to bed at night he says ‘bye bye’ to his bus and cars and book-oos. Gotta love him.

I have finished my marathon 3 jobs and taken on a new one, which is in a program I hardly know - madness. Still it keeps those leetle grey cells ticking over. I’m trying to keep being a ‘mummy’ separate, so days are for Erbie and I and evenings for work. I meant to do 3 hours last night but passed out putting Erbie to bed and only woke up at 10.30pm, in time to actually go to bed - oh dear.




2 comments:

Metropolitan Mum said...

I took on a teeny tiny project and it seems to take ages. Have I always been that slow??? How do you manage to work evenings? I collapse at 9 pm the latest.

Unknown said...

Kaede's first word was Pub, and in traditional bloke mode I was overjoyed. Although I did own one at the time so maybe it wasn't too much of a surprise.

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle