Thursday 9 July 2009

Cath Kidston tiny London

I got caught not once but twice, two days running, out and about with the boy and no umbrella in torrential weather. The first time I managed to shelter under a tree in Gordon Square and then The Guardian Reader had to come an rescue me from under another tree in Bedford Square. The following day I was in John Lewis shopping for printer ink when the heavens opened. There was acrescendo of noise in the central atrium above the escalator as thunder and lightening and a hailstorm crashed on the glass roof. The ceiling in the basement Food Hall was even leaking. I cracked and purchased an umbrella of my own, a very small umbrella, that at a push could fit in my very small bag, but also hangs from my wrist. It's the Cath Kidston London print. Erbie and I made it back dry, if you can picture a mad mother running with a bare-footed child on her hip between cafe awnings and doorways clutching a very small, very flimsy but pretty umbrella.


IMAGE: lookatmycrazyshoes.com

No comments:

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle