Wednesday 17 June 2009

Things you should only really buy if you're a mum

Bag closers.
I always wondered why people had these, now I know, my cupboard is full of half eaten packets of baby cereal, rusks, mini rice cakes - things in short that go soggy if left exposed for a milisecond. I knew I'd entered motherhood when I purchased a bag full recently at Ikea. Bevara 30x bag closers 20 small and 10 large, for a ridiculously cheap price, that doesn't register when Ikea shopping.
Pureed broccoli pear and peas, have you ever tried pureeing peas - it is not possible, I'm telling you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the answer, my friend, is a Beaba Babycook. They puree everything and cook things fast and there is no mess. If you are going to have another bebbe then get one PRONTO!

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle