Sunday 22 November 2009

Ghost Forest

today is the last chance to see Angela Palmer’s ghost forest project in Trafalgar Square running in conjunction with the UN summit on climate change, while Boris’ Christmas lights burn 24/7 up the road, bah humbug! Sorry, I do like the Christmas lights they are very pretty, but do they need to be on in the morning. Anyway I digress, 10 real rain forest stumps lay like giant tree carrion in the square, a chiling sight of what’s to come, oh whatever I’m off to the shops.


Angela Palmer’s ghost forest project in Trafalgar Square


All images ©WEM


2 comments:

saffron said...

wow that looks amazing and for any one living in the city a direct and shocking jolt. We live in Bali and I know its in the middle of what is happening but even so seeing the scale made me think. Great piece and thanks for sharing. I love your insights to motherhood. xx from the other side of the world.
saffron

westendmum said...

@saffron
You live in Bali - WOW!
Thanks for reading.

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle