Wednesday 28 April 2010

Prosac or Blog?

Well the answer if obvious, I hope. I’ve been feeling rather down of late and have actually shed tears, which is something I never, ever do. Well unless it’s something major like ones mother dying. But this dealing with the Belle Mere and being two-faced really is getting to me. I hold it together while we are together and she coos over Erbie then we get a letter from the solicitor and the purchase price has increased. If we were strangers we would receive more courtesy.

The GR dealt with it by spending money we don’t have and I by having one too many bottles of wine on the terrace with Kendal and getting sent to bed.

I know I should pull myself together and stop feeling sorry for myself, it is the last hurdle before freedom of sorts. I guess I’m also feeling a little sad to be leaving my manor, the area I’ve called home for seven years now. I do so love living in the West End. Needs must however and it is time to move on.

7 comments:

Laura said...

Let yourself have those moments of self indulgence. Change is hard, and I think the little pockets of tears and sadness are a part of the process.

Hope you feel better soon!

Waffle said...

It totally wrecked me to leave the West End. I was in proper mourning for ages, so yeah, allow yourself some time to feel sad. It will still be there though, and this is a new adventure. Adventures are good.

Belle-mère, however, is an irredeemable old hag. Désolée for you having to put up with it. xxxxx

Style At Every Age said...

Everything will turn out OK, we all have times like this and it is understandable at present. Hope you feel better soon xx

Metropolitan Mum said...

Moving is hard as it is - with regards to Belle Mere let me please join the waffle. Let's hope it is all over soon and you can cut her out a bit more/don't have to put on a brave face when you see her.

teawithonesugarplease said...

Grin and bear it and another bottle of wine won't do you any harm. Not long to go and I know it must be so hard but you will out-live her and that's got to be wort h waiting for???

Seaside Sister said...

Dream of window boxes full of herbs, pansies and hyacinths. It'll be worth it in the end. It'll be your next adventure x

Young at Heart said...

No no....there's nothing like a bit of self-indulgent, self-obsessed down-time...wallow and enjoy!!

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle