Sunday 28 February 2016

Sunday Poem - I Saw A Jolly Hunter by Charles Causley

I Saw A Jolly Hunter

I saw a jolly hunter 
With a jolly gun 
Walking in the country 
In the jolly sun. 

In the jolly meadow 
Sat a jolly hare. 
Saw the jolly hunter. 
Took jolly care. 

Hunter jolly eager- 
Sight of jolly prey. 
Forgot gun pointing 
Wrong jolly way. 

Jolly hunter jolly head 
Over heels gone. 
Jolly old safety catch 
Not jolly on. 

Bang went the jolly gun. 
Hunter jolly dead. 
Jolly hare got clean away. 
Jolly good, I said.

By Charles Causley


March Hare: Resting by Clare Challice available as limited edition print here.

March Hare: Resting © Clare Challice

No comments:

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle