Thursday 13 January 2011

Liberty Illustrated

Liberty is famous for its wonderful Tana Lawn cottons and has recently produced in my mind a rather topping collection using the skills of several book illustrators, ranging from Quentin Blake through to Lauren Child (the illustrator of Charlie and Lola). Some of the designs are quite charming - look, this one, in various colour ways is by Quentin Blake.

© Quentin Blake for Liberty 2011


© Lauren Child for Liberty


Brian Wildsmith © Liberty

And look, there are even some by David McKee, the creator of ‘Mr Benn’, ‘Elmer’ and ‘Not Now Bernard’, one really could imagine walking down Festive Road in a shirt made from either of these.

© David McKee for Liberty


3 comments:

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said...

These are all such lovely prints. I think I'd pick Lauren Child's for a fab shirt.

Unknown said...

Nice! I really enjoyed reading your blog whilst pregnant with my son, a little monkey called Joe who has now just turned one. I miss hearing about what you and erbie get up to! Just wanted to say so.

westendmum said...

Aw thanks Eve & Victoria for your comments.
x

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle