Monday 20 April 2020

Shopping For The Vulnerable

Hey babes,

It's Monday which means, I will be talking to my ladies who lunch on Zoom this evening - it’s Bingo tonight. I’ve not played Bingo before -there’s no way I’d choose to go out and spend a night with numbers. Me and numbers have never really got on.

I’ve just received the latest shopping list from the Belle Mere:
Top of the list is
GIN (large bottle) I like Dry Gin so Bombay (London) Dry Gin. (if they have it). If not, anything except that Green Bottle that I think is Sainsbury's own)
Tonic x 2 large bottles if they have it).
Milk x 2 green top semi each 2x2 lites 4 pints)
cheese ( only Lancashire will do!) It's in a special packet usually on the top shelf)
pan scrubs (packet of 4, six or 8?)
Pasta (tortellone with spinach & cheese).
Bread- more Vogel if they have it.
2 x tins of tomatoes.
2 x bottles of dry white wine (can be Sainsbury's).
VEG
Carrots
Onions 
Celery

How the hell am I supposed to carry all of that! Seriously, my arms are going to be on the floor by the time I get to her house! We have stopped using public transport and I don’t drive.

Erbie had his first day back to home-schooling today after the Easter break. He was not his usual cheery self, in fact the only way I could parent that situation was by literally sitting beside him for most of the day. 

I now have serious lockdown loco fever. An hour a day does not keep the head doctor away especially as my only trip out today was to queue briefly (not even a long queue when I really needed it to be) for Sainsbury just up the road. 

I actually look pregnant, my wine belly is so big, today I was going to start the exercise regime, healthy eating, getting out, time management thing - yeah we’ve all heard it before. It started badly with left over Easter egg for breakfast and went consistently downhill from there.

Perhaps I should just embrace the wine baby.

How the hell are you doing?

No comments:

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle