Wednesday 4 May 2016

Bluebells in Highgate Woods, London

As a child every Spring my mother would take me to Grovely Wood in Wilton to see the bluebells. Now I am lucky enough to have a bluebell wood on the doorstep and it’s on the Northern line in London, Highgate to be precise. Get you're bluebell fix this weekend before they go over.

Gypsy Gate entrance
Highgate Wood, Muswell Hill. North London N10

Highgate Wood

Highgate wood 2016

Highgate Wood
Native english bluebells are a protected species, and more refined and slender than the fat Spanish variety that pop up in front gardens.
Native english bluebell - please don’t pick me!
Highgate wood

Peace and tranquility - who would think you could get to central London in 20mins on the tube?
Highgate Wood is full of ancient trees, oak, hornbeam and beech amongst them.


Oak bark
New Beech leaves



Bridge Gate


Bye my dears

No comments:

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle