Thursday 3 February 2011

Freedom

At last a dairy free dessert that gets close to icecream.

During the Summer I was tinkering with various ways to make an icecream-like dessert for Erbie, I got as far as frozen soya milk and vanilla essence lollies, which were palatable but more ice lolly than cream. Now I find that a young lady with a similar desire has already done all the hard work and got picked up by Dragons Den no less.

Kirsty Henshaw from Preston established Worthenshaws in 2009 which has now been repackaged as Freedom and her vanilla, strawberry or chocolate icecreamlike confection should be on the shelves in the UK’s supermarkets as we speak sweetie.

See: www.worthenshaws-freedom.co.uk where they also have good information on allergies

2 comments:

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said...

I saw that lady on Dragon's Den. She was so impressive and the Dragons were amazed at how much she had achieved before the program. She was crying, and I shed a tear too! Did you try it yet? Sounds delicious.

westendmum said...

I've yet to find a stockist nearby - boo.

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle