Tuesday 10 May 2016

Little Summer

Hot flush, hot flush, hot flush.

I can’t be having hot flushes already can I?

Yes I can is the answer, they wake me in the night. I’m not sweaty - probably I’m too dehydrated for that, but a sensation of intense heat crawls over my body, my hands feel hot. Hot hands, very hot hands, and face and chest and feet.

Friends keep commenting on how brave I am to be wearing my Birkenstocks or (poorly feet shoes as Erbie calls them) when the weather is so unpredictable, I smile and say: ‘I know!’, actually thinking because they are on fire and the thought of putting them into a shoe or sock gives me palpitations.

Then there is the rage, gosh I feel rather angry waves over me as I get cross with Erbie for not being asleep and give him a snuggle to make up for it. Then the tears, not floods, I’m not a flooder, you really have to squash and squeeze a teardrop from me, but my tear ducts got wet whilst watching the Baftas, for goodness sake, I blame the rosé.

I also blame the wine for the apathy, or is that just me. The worst is the midriff, once washboard now more muffin top.

I’m ...., actually what am I? I’ve been saying I’m 46 for too long, I think I may now be a couple of years older than that, which means I could very probably be peri-menopausal, the symptoms start well in advance apparently.

[I’m on the Mirena which is a hormonal coil for contraception and after 6 months my periods stopped, which can happen. I don’t miss them. When I was breastfeeding, my periods stopped of their own accord for a year, (I had a regular copper coil inserted in 2009) as soon as I stopped breastfeeding back they came and slowly got worse until I was virtually bleeding without a break. I got anaemic, I was tired constantly, so after careful consideration had a Mirena inserted in February 2015.]

I need to sort myself out. Make the beds, Kondo the drawers, plan a trip, clean the windows, get a pedicure and a manicure, go for a facial, re-assess the wardrobe, do some yoga, meditate, do the tax returns, menu-plan, go into town, read more; at least put some make-up on and wash my hair. God the apathy is overwhelming.

No comments:

Other nonsense

Quote of the day

‘They tuck you up your mum and dad...’
Anon - after Larkin

“Philately will get you everywhere”
WEM

“It’s not the despair, I can handle the despair. 
It’s the hope I can’t deal with”
Clockwise

“Each new friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”
Anais Nin

‘Come on Dover move your bloomin’ arse’.
Eliza Doolittle